Scott and Lisa’s family bathroom
Having recently moved into their new home in Hamilton, Scott and Lisa were keen to update their bathroom to reflect their own taste. Lisa had a clear vision of what she wanted the completed project to look like. This included a large separate shower enclosure with drench style shower head. This design element is to allow her to relax after a hard days work. We also provided ample storage space for their daughters’ bath toys to be stored out of sight!
The existing bathroom had a large corner bath and a very small shower. We produced CAD drawings before our clients accepted our quote and this gave our clients the ability to visualise how the bathroom would look.
We formed a false alcove behind the shower enclosure and installed a tall furniture cabinet measuring over 2m and which is as deep as a standard kitchen unit. We were keen that the unit didn’t spoil the look of the room, which due to its size was a concern. We therefore created the illusion that the unit was built into the wall with the unit door tiled around rather than freestanding.
The finished bathroom is contemporary and easily maintained. It has large format tiles installed in the shower area and tiles were also used for a splashback around the bath.
The basin unit, although compact in design, provides further storage space and adds a great design element by being wall mounted above the tiled floor.
- MX elements low profile shower tray with Lakes Framed 1000mm slider door
- Recessed Ellis Furniture unit in Monza White finish with nickel bar handle
- Frontline recessed Wetroom Waterproof Storage Unit 420 x 350 x 180mm
- Roper Rhodes Event Shower SVSET30
- Aquatrend white gloss designer 500mm basin unit
- Roca Contessa 1700 x 700mm steel bath
- Gemini Allure wall tiles and Gemini Petrol Floor tile
- Essential 1100 x 500mm chrome straight ladder rail with Danfoss all chrome thermostatic valve
LENGHT OF PROJECT
The works took 6 days to complete
A similar project would cost in the region of £6500 – £7,500 inc vat for supply and install.